7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
- No programming experience is necessary
The Tidyverse is a collection of versatile R packages for cleaning, processing, modeling, and visualizing data. Some of the packages included are: ggplot2, dplyr, tidyr, readr, purrr, and tibble.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to manipulate and visualize data using the tools included in the Tidyverse.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Perform data analysis and create appealing visualizations
- Draw useful conclusions from various datasets of sample data
- Filter, sort and summarize data to answer exploratory questions
- Turn processed data into informative line plots, bar plots, histograms
- Import and filter data from diverse data sources, including Excel, CSV, and SPSS files
- Beginners to the R language
- Beginners to data analysis and data visualization
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- Tydyverse vs traditional R plotting
Setting up your working environment
Preparing the dataset
Importing and filtering data
Wrangling the data
Visualizing the data (graphs, scatter plots)
Grouping and summarizing the data
Visualizing the data (line plots, bar plots, histograms, boxplots)
Working with non-standard data
I was benefit from the detailed notes to keep and work through after the course.
Public Health Wales NHS Trust
The pace was just right and the relaxed atmosphere made candidates feel at ease to ask questions.
Rhian Hughes - Public Health Wales NHS Trust
The trainer was very good. He presented the material in a really accessible way.